23 December 2009
30 November 2009
29 October 2009
27 October 2009
12 October 2009
28 July 2009
24 July 2009
16 June 2009
09 May 2009
01 May 2009
Because a few people have asked, here is my list of favorite job sites. I posted it here instead of elsewhere so that additional ideas could appear in the comments.
- Indeed.com. Just put in a keyword and ZIP code.
- Simplyhired.com. Similar interface and content to Indeed.
- JuJu.com. Yet another one. Why not? It doesn't cost extra to watch all three sites.
- Dice.com. Seems like mostly contracting gigs.
- Craigslist. This link is for Cleveland Software jobs, so you might want to find a different city or specialization.
- Joel On Software. The fact that a job is posted on JoelOnSoftware says something about it right away.
- O'Reilly jobs. Sign up for one of the feeds.
21 April 2009
I've published a small library I wrote for logging performance in a Spring-based application. It's called beet, it's at http://beet.sourceforge.net. Just mentioning it here since I know a bunch of you do some Java. And yes, I know there are other tools and libraries that do similar things, but all of them suffer from longer names and none of them are written by me. I'll add a "punch my cock" link to the project home page if there's sufficient demand.
16 April 2009
13 April 2009
03 April 2009
Larry Wall spoke at Columbia recently. In response to a request for an example of some really impressive Perl code, he referred to the Lingua::Romana::Perligata module. Example usage from the author's page:
#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w
maximum inquementum tum biguttam egresso scribe.
meo maximo vestibulo perlegamentum da.
da duo tum maximum conscribementa meis listis.
dum listis decapitamentum damentum nexto
nextum tum novumversum scribe egresso.
lista sic hoc recidementum nextum cis vannementa da listis.
01 April 2009
30 March 2009
24 March 2009
GREG RUTTER'S DEFINITIVE LIST OF THE 99 THINGS YOU SHOULD HAVE ALREADY EXPERIENCED ON THE INTERNET UNLESS YOU'RE A LOSER OR OLD OR SOMETHING
Doubtless we've covered most of these.
Posted by Amitai Schleier at 19:34
19 February 2009
The part I don't get is, only a pound per day? And he's not hungry for more? I usually just make and eat the whole slab in one go, which can get me through to dinner if I'm feeling virtuous (FSVO "virtuous"), but no way is that a whole day's calories. So this actually is a bit of a strict diet.